I admit it. I haven’t been posting a lot lately. Too busy outside hitting the links. Golf is another of my passions. What do I like about chasing that little white ball?
What does the game of golf do for me? This the most often asked question from non-golfers. Well thinking about it I came up with the following,
- It’s a great excuse to get outside for fresh air and nature.
- The walking part is fantastic exercise. I always walk never ride the power cart.
- Challenges my physical and mental skills. Not only is golf a physical game but it requires thinking and concentrating.
- Golf is a social game. Great way to develop and maintain friendships.
- Most of all it’s just plain fun.
Now having said this I stress that I am an average player, but one who plays well enough to find it enjoyable. I make an effort to emphasis fun and not get frustrated. When I was younger I took it far too seriously. I’m enjoying the game more than I ever have since I retired.
If you’d like to try this great game here are a couple of suggestions, 1) take basic lessons from a reputable pro and practice what you learn, and 2)rent or borrow clubs the first few times.
Finally just enjoy being alive and outside playing an interesting game.