The year 2009 for me is a time of reflection. Recently I turned 60 years of age. Part of attaining that age for me has been reflecting on my life so far. For many years I’ve been a history buff and amateur genealogist. Because of this it’s natural for me to look back on life’s victories and defeats. Here are some of the significant anniversaries in my 60th year, 2009.
- 60 years of paradise on earth, May 1949 to 2009.
- 40 years in the full-time work world, June 1969 to 2009.
- 34 years since I married, for the first time, 1975 to 2009.
- 31 years of fatherhood, 1978 to 2009.
- 23 years since end of first marriage.
- 10 years with the love of my life, Cindy.
The victories have far outweighed the defeats. Life is good. Now if I can just hang around for another 30 or 40 years.