Turning 59 tomorrow I thought I would wax philosphical on some of my favorite things. By the way I have the day off work on my birthday this year. Not only that but I will be spending time with some of the kids. The boy is in school, but I will be getting up and getting him ready. This involves feeding him and ensuring he goes out the door with clothes on. Believe me this is not as easy as it sounds. Then the twins who have the day off from preschool will likely be getting ready for action just after that. At least I won’t have to rush them out anywhere. They can veg out on the couch watching their cartoon heros while I relax with my coffee. My better half is working but comes home at noon.
She is having a get-together for me in the evening and I have been designated to prepare the food. Guess that’s a compliment. We are having a big feed of ribs and wings. All the family are coming to rub it in and remind me of the extra year.
So anyway here are the things I like in life in various categories starting with my very favorite:
- Best Moments – special time with my wife, cuddle time with the kids
- Color – Red
- Sports Teams – NFL – Oakland Raiders, NHL – Montreal Canadiens
- Sports to Play – Golf
- Authors – Vince Flynn, John Grisham, Elmore Leonard, Robert Dallek
- Genre to Read – Thrillers, Nonfiction, especially American history
- Hobbies – writing, philately (stamps, postal history), reading, computers, crosswords
- Movies – John Wayne westerns, action thrillers, Alien series (Alien, Aliens, etc)
- TV Shows – The Office, Scrubs, PBS documentaries