I thought I’d have some fun for those readers who may want to test their knowledge of Canada, my home country and neighbor of the United States.
I will leave this up for several days. Here are the rules/guidelines for participants.
- leave your answers as a comment in order, i.e. 1 to 15.
- tell me the country you are from.
- use the honor system and try not to look up the answers.
- I will try to provide nice token to the first three readers with the correct answers.
- most of all the rule is to have fun.
Here they are. There are no trick or ambiguous questions.
!. When did Canada become independent?
2. How many provinces and Territories make up Canada?
3. Where does Canada rank in size by landmass area compared to other countries of the world?
4. What is the population of Canada?
5. What is the largest province by area?
6. What is the smallest province by area?
7. What city is the capital of Canada?
8. What is the largest city in Canada?
9. Name Canada’s two official languages.
10. Name Canada’s,
a) First prime minister?
b) Present prime minister?
11. Name the two primary political parties in Canada?
12. What year was the transcontinental railway completed in Canada?
13. What year did Canada enter,
a) World War I
b) World War II
14. What is the name of Canada’s national anthem?
15. When was Canada’s red maple leaf flag adopted?
Answers will be posted in a few days.